Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Introduction



As some of you may already know, I was lucky enough to be chosen for the Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge team for the Boston Marathon April 15, 2013. This involves intense marathon training and fundraising. 100% of the funds raised by the team go directly to the Barr Program to support cancer research. Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a leader in cancer research and you can learn more about the Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge team here. I am thrilled to be raising money for a cause so near and dear to my heart, as well as the hearts of my friends and family. Unfortunately it is rare to find someone who has not been affected by cancer whether it be directly or indirectly. I have set a personal fundraising goal of $10,000 which I hope to meet and exceed. With both of my parents being cancer survivors, I would love nothing more than to benefit others to allow them to have the same success stories as my parents.

My goal of this blog is to allow those who donate to follow my fundraising and training up until race day, as well allow people to share their experiences with cancer and why the cause is important to them. I am absolutely honored to be able to run on behalf of everyone affected by this awful condition and help get another step closer to the cure. I do not yet have an official fundraising page, but I will be sharing the link with you all as soon as I receive it.

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas with their family and loved ones!

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment