Saturday, January 12, 2013

Supporting a Sister



One of my beautiful Tri Delta sisters wrote the following to share with you all after reading this blog...

"As a cancer survivor, what Sarah is doing is truly inspiring. Cancer Research is vitally important in our fight against cancer. When I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma, I was shocked. Speaking with others, I learned that 30 years ago there was no standard treatment- everything was experimental, trying to find the right combination of chemo drugs, and radiation. Research through the years has changed that and is why my doctors were so optimistic in my treatment and subsequent remission. However that is not to say that our duty has ended. No one can foresee being diagnosed with cancer, nor how one will react to somewhat standard treatment. Just the smallest of advances in research can make large impacts on every day lives. Sarah's training for the marathon while raising money for cancer research is something truly inspiring. Let's face it, research, and especially medical research is expensive, however even the smallest donation can make a large impact and get us that much closer to a cure for all cancers. Join me in saying Thank you and Good Luck Sarah!!"

I want to thank you, Kristin, for being such an inspiration to all of us! In honor of Kristin, I am going to match $1 for every person who makes a donation before midnight on Monday the 14th. As she stated, even the smallest donation can make a large impact! Let's try to get at least 30 donations in the next 2 days!

Training continues to go well and every run I am extra motivated by people such as Kristin who have exemplified great strength in their battles with cancer. Every weekend on my long run I become more impressed with the beautiful scenery Boston has to offer so close to the city! A quote from Anita Ortiz says it very well "Every day, I stop halfway through my run for five minutes, look around, and enjoy the surroundings. I'm reminded of why I do this and why I love it so much." Running has given me the freedom to see some beautiful places hidden in nature.





I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend with NFL playoffs going on...personally, I am more excited about the return of the NHL this week!

Take care!

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment