Tuesday, March 19, 2013

4 Weeks to Go!!


There are 4 weeks until Marathon Monday- time has been flying by!  I am so amazed and touched by the generosity of all of you who have donated to this wonderful cause.  We have raised $2,401 so far and more donations are on their way in.  Thank you all again- together we can make strides towards improving the lives of those battling cancer and find a cure. :)


I struggled a bit with what to write about for this post.  We have heard from many different people regarding their experiences with cancer throughout this blog and I am so grateful for all of those who were willing to share their story.   All of them have inspired me to push harder with my fundraising and strive to raise as much money as possible to support innovative cancer research.  I hope that all these stories have inspired you in some way as well- whether it be to donate towards the cause or to simply reach out your hand to someone in need. 



Lately, “Give Me Your Eyes” by Brandon Heath has been a source of inspiration for me as I continue on this journey.   The song tells the stories of multiple people who are fighting their own battles under the surface, but cover it up behind a smile.  When I hear this song it reminds me to take a step back and open my heart up to those around me because we never truly know what everyone around us is going through in their lives.  As you go through your day today, remember that a small act of kindness can go a long way in making someone else’s day seem a little bit better.  


If you would like to read more about the Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge and the program it supports, visit this link:  Click Here


I ask each of you who haven’t made a donation yet to consider making a donation to support the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.  As Warren Buffet says, ““Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago”- Consider your donation to be the tree for someone battling with cancer in the future.  While it may not benefit you directly right at this very moment, it could save your life or the life of a loved one down the road. 



Thank you all again so much for your support!  Keep checking back for more updates as we get closer to race day!

-S




No comments:

Post a Comment