Saturday, April 13, 2013

Final Race Preparation

In the last week, we have raised nearly $1,000 for the cause bringing the total up to $4,700 to benefit the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute...wow!  I am amazed to the point of tears by the generosity of all of you to donate to such a fabulous cause and help bring us closer to a cure!  Thank you all!!  

With the race being just 2 days away, the final race preparation has begun.  Yesterday I picked up my bib number and wandered around the race expo.  The excitement has begun in the city as runners from all over the world arrive.  With all the nerves/excitement built up about the race, it makes me want to go for a run to calm down, but my training plan has the final two days as rest days and I need to save  my legs for Monday!  Tomorrow, the Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge team has a pasta dinner together which will be a wonderful event reminding us all why we are running on Monday along with some team motivation.  I will also be taking the next two days to mentally prepare myself for Monday and reflect on the stories that have been shared with me that have inspired me to fundraise/train even harder for this cause. 


"That's the thing about running:  your greatest runs are rarely measured by racing success.  They are moments in time when running allows you to see how wonderful your life is."
-Kara Goucher (one of the elite American runners who will be racing on Monday)

She couldn't have said it better.  My last few long training runs have brought tears to my eyes as I realize how blessed I am to have the support of all of you and how passionate the people in my life are about making the world a better place.  It saddens me that so many people in my life have been affected by cancer in a negative way, but I have great hope for the future as medical advances continue that more of these stories will become positive ones.

For those who still wish to contribute, simply click here to be taken directly to my fundraising page.  The donation process does not take long at all. :)

I don't think I can thank all of you enough for the difference you have made in benefiting the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute to directly fund innovative cancer research!

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment