Sunday, March 23, 2014

28 Days To Go!

We have passed the $2,000 mark with donations- thank you so much for your support!!  To date, the donations total $2,104 with more donations in the mail as I write this!  I am so blessed to have the support of all of you as I take on this journey to the Boston Marathon once again while trying to make a difference in the fight against cancer.  I couldn't do it without you all!

Never believe that a few caring people can’t change the world. For, indeed, that’s all who ever have.
— Margaret Mead

For more information on the Claudia Adams Barr Program follow this link.  Every single dollar raised goes directly towards funding innovative cancer research at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.  The donation process is quick and easy, please consider supporting this cause and helping hard working researchers bring us closer to a cure!  To donate: www.runDFMC.org/2014/sarah

Training has been going well and it is getting close to taper time with just one long run remaining!  As the race draws near, a lot of my preparation has been mental as reminders of the tragic events from last year return and the anxiety for race day increases.  I have no doubt that this year's marathon will be an amazing experience and full of more spirit than ever before.  I am fortunate to have a wonderful support system backing me throughout all of this and will have family in town from Minnesota here to cheer me on during the race! 

Here are some pictures taken throughout the last few weeks of training…



Evening run along the Charles River


Evening run along the Charles River


St. Patty's Day 5K


 St. Patty's Day 5K


Taking a break from running to cheer on the Wild when they played in Boston :) 

I'll be updating more frequently as race day approaches, so stay tuned!  Words can't express how grateful I am for the support you all have given me on this journey- thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Have a great week! :)

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment