Monday, February 4, 2013

We Reached $1,000!

This week we made it to the $1,000 mark!!!  Thanks so much to everyone who has supported this amazing cause!  Please keep in mind that every small donation adds up to make a big difference. 
"Even the smallest act of caring for another person is like a drop of water- it will make ripples throughout the entire pond..." 
-Jessy and Bryan Matteo

Training has taken a slight lapse over the past week or so as I moved into a new apartment, but I have gotten back on track.  I am beginning to look forward to a half marathon at the end of the month in Hyannis, MA as a good training event for the marathon.  One of the great things about training in the Boston area is that there are always other runners out on the roads training for the Boston Marathon as well.  We give each other the look of acknowledgement and a slight smirk that we are the crazy people out running in unfavorable conditions to cross a common finish line.

I am fortunate to have a beautiful 1.5 mile loop just steps from my new front door which is perfect for training.  My training partner also loves it and makes sure I get up in the morning to train, even on the days I want to stay in bed.  Her 4 legs have more energy than my 2 on some mornings, but she definitely keeps me going!



I hope everyone has a wonderful week- Stay tuned for more posts from others with their stories and inspiration behind donating to support cancer research!

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment