Sunday, April 20, 2014

Marathon Weekend

In just 16 short hours I will be returning to the starting line of the Boston Marathon to complete the journey I began last year.  This year's race brings forth a lot of emotion, strength and hope.  I am looking forward to completing the final leg of this journey with the support of all of you.  

This afternoon was the pre-race pasta party for Dana-Farber, which once again had wonderful speeches and reminded us why we are all running with the organization.  Our team has raised over 6 million dollars this season to support innovative cancer research at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute- what an amazing impact all of your generous donations have made!  Thank you so much!!

I am going to keep this short as I need to get rested up for the run tomorrow, but remember I have all of your loved ones on my mind as I make the trek from Hopkinton to Boston tomorrow.  Together we are making strides towards a world without cancer.  

Enjoy the pictures below and thank you again!  This journey would not be possible without all of you.

Happy Easter!

-S


Finish area



Front of my singlet


All my donors should take a look for their loved ones ribbon on my singlet!


DFMC Pasta Party


Finish area


Race expo


It's not too late to donate if you still wish to contribute!  www.runDFMC.org/2014/sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment