Monday, April 7, 2014

We Hit the $3,000 Milestone!!!

Just 2 weeks to go until Marathon Monday and we have surpassed the $3,000 milestone!!  Thank you all so much for your generosity and support- every single dollar raised goes directly towards funding innovative cancer research at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.  I will be running in honor of you, your loved ones and all of those battling cancer on race day.  Running with the Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge has made my marathon journey incredibly meaningful and I am blessed to be a part of it!

For this week (now through April 13) I will add in an additional $2 for every person who donates.  Please consider a donation today and become a part of my journey and the fight against cancer!

Last week, I was featured in my hometown newspaper- the Blaine Spring Lake Park Life.  For those of you who receive it- take a look in the sports section!  You can also check out the article here:  http://abcnewspapers.com/2014/04/03/blaine-grad-ready-to-finish-run-in-boston-after-raising-funds/.  The donation link does not work from the article, so please continue to use www.runDFMC.org/2014/sarah to donate :)



The last two weeks of training will test my patience and discipline as I enter into the heart of taper.  My weekly running mileage drops down and anxiety creeps up as thoughts of "Am I ready?  Do I need to run more miles?" run through my head.  I plan to use this time to focus on the reason I am running the marathon- in honor of all of those who have battled or are currently battling cancer.  Running a marathon is a trivial battle compared to what they have been through.

As excited as I am to run this race, I am more excited to reach my fundraising goal and make an impact in the fight against cancer!  Since I began this journey with the Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge in December of 2012, you all have helped me raise nearly $10,000 to support the fight against cancer.  Without all of you, none of this would be possible.  Words cannot express my gratitude- thank you, thank you, thank you!!  Marathon Monday will be here before we know it and I can't wait to share it all with you!

Have a great week!

-S



No comments:

Post a Comment